Maya Bolman, RN, BA, BSN, IBCLC
Maya Bolman was born and raised in Minsk, Belarus. Certified as IBCLC in 2001, she currently works as inpatient lactation consultant at Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital. Since 2009, she also works as lactation consultant in a large pediatric and breastfeeding medicine practice.
Maya Bolman is internationally known for her work promoting hand expression and breast massage to breastfeeding mothers. She recognizes that teaching mothers these basic tools helps empower them to work through breastfeeding challenges including engorgement, plugged ducts, separation from the infant, and milk supply concerns. She has worked with Dr. Ann Witt to create an instructional video “The Basics of Breast Massage and Hand Expression” and conduct research on the effectiveness of Therapeutic Breast Massage in Lactation (TBML) both in the office and as a treatment at home for mothers.
Breast pain is one of the major causes of weaning. The likelihood of weaning increases the longer pain persists. Engorgement, plugged ducts, blebs and mastitis are commonly associated with acute breast pain. Therapeutic Breast Massage in Lactation (TBML) is one of the important measures to resolve pain quickly.
The purpose of these buy clomid from canada presentations is to enhance knowledge of TBML techniques for relieving discomfort caused by engorgement, plugged ducts and mastitis in lactating women and learn how to empower breastfeeding mothers to use these techniques as well.
Lecture 1 – “The Art of Breast Massage in Supporting Breastfeeding.”
(Acute breast pain; engorgement, plugged ducts, blebs and mastitis, massage and the role of lymphatic system, oxytocin; use of massage in different cultures)
Lecture 2 – “HAND-ling the Pain: Therapeutic Breast Massage in Lactation: research and case reviews”
(Research findings, Video cases of engorgement, plugged ducts, blebs and mastitis)
- Describe how breast massage is used by different cultures to help with problems such as engorgement, plugged ducts, and mastitis.
- Identify causes of and treatment options for acute breast pain
- Demonstrate how hand expression and therapeutic breast massage (TBML) assist in management of engorgement, plugged ducts and mastitis.
- Explain how to teach self-breast massage techniques to breastfeeding mothers
- Demonstrate and teach lactation consultants simple techniques of breast massage and hand expression that help in treatment of blebs. These hands-on techniques may provide a complementary treatment strategy
- Demonstrate hand expression techniques and Therapeutic Breast Massage Techniques.