As far as LCGB is aware, these breastfeeding educational events are free from commercial sponsorship by companies associated with the baby feeding industry as stipulated in the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
To include your order clomid online without rx event in this list please note the charges are £30 and £75 for a series of study days. Acceptance of advertising for IBCLC training courses on the site does not constitute LCGB endorsement.
Toni Harman is a documentary filmmaker turned author. A graduate of Exeter University and London Film School, Toni has spent the past 20 years producing and directing films. Her credits include a feature film released by a Hollywood studio and several documentaries about childbirth; DOULA!, FREEDOM FOR BIRTH and the multi award-winning documentary MICROBIRTH about the critical importance of ‘seeding and feeding’ a baby’s microbiome during vaginal birth and breastfeeding for the best possible lifelong health. Her extensive research for MICROBIRTH led to her co-authoring a new book called THE MICROBIOME EFFECT and also the creation of a new online course, MICROBIRTH ONLINE COURSE. Toni’s presentation gives a flavour of the content within this online course.
In this special taster to give a flavour of the new Microbirth Online Course, documentary filmmaker and author Toni Harman presents some of the latest research on the science buy clomid line of synthetic oxytocin. In her presentation, Toni will explain how oxytocin is a evolutionary conserved system that is vital to human behaviour. We’re social beings and so oxytocin helps regulate mood, attachments and stress. Oxytocin is particularly important during childbirth as natural production of this hormone is critical for contractions and lactation. However, artificially produced synthetic oxytocin is commonly used in hospitals in industrialised nations (known as Syntocinon in the UK and elsewhere). This presentation explains the difference between synthetic oxytocin and natural oxytocin plus explains the potential long-term consequences on the baby’s health of use of synthetic oxytocin during the narrow period of time that surrounds childbirth.
She also wanted us to tell you that if LCGB members want to become more confident in the latest science about the microbiome, they have set up some some one-day Microbirth Workshops:
London: May 15th 2017
More information on the website: http://microbirth.com/workshops/
The Breastfeeding London Course is a set of 12 monthly Study days (90 hours of lactation specific education) that meets the IBCLE exam requirements. It is designed for health care providers and lay people who want to provide accurate, current and evidence-based information about breastfeeding and lactation to expectant/new families.
It is listed as a Course provider by the International Lactation Consultants Association. The content applies to best practice issues in the clinical setting; it includes didactic, practical clinical and counselling skills, as well as homework. Organised around small groups, the Study days are interactive and they enhance multiple kinaesthetic learning styles.
- Getting breastfeeding started with evidence-based care
- The science behind Skin-to-Skin Contact
- The diversity of positioning and attachment: left and right brain approaches
- The art of hand expression, ante-natal expression of colostrum and pumping protocols
- Benefits of breastfeeding (versus risks of Artificial Formula)
- Breastfeeding education for mothers/couples
- Prenatal breastfeeding risk assessment
- How birth practices affect breastfeeding
- Biochemistry of human milk: nutritional and immunological properties
- Anatomy and physiology of lactation
- Assessment of newborn latch, suck and milk transfer
- Challenging early feeds including flat/inverted nipples, downs syndrome, twins, and multiples
- Breast and nipple pain/trauma
- Engorgement, plugged ducts, mastitis, abscess, fungal and bacterial infections
- Insufficient milk supply and oversupply
- Communication and counselling skills
- Breast/nipple procedures/surgeries
- Premature and late preterm babies
- Scope of practice and ethics
- Ankyloglossia or Tongue Ties
- Politics of breastfeeding including the WHO Code
A comprehensive material pack plus a certificate of attendance will be issued; 7 individual education specific lactation hours can be granted upon request by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
All study days are held in the Wimbledon/Merton Park area, from 09.30-17.30. More information please contact:
DEBORAH ROBERTSON’S BREASTFEEDING SPECIALIST COURSE for:
- Health Professionals working with breastfeeding mothers and babies
- Infant Feeding Co-ordinator post holders
- Breastfeeding Counsellors updating skills and knowledge
- Candidates preparing for the IBLCE Lactation Consultant exam
- IBCLCs earning CERPS to recertify
ALMOST EVERYONE DOES THE WHOLE COURSE:
- 12 study days, one per month
- A linked graded homework each month
- Details of session topics and homework tasks at breastfeedingspecialist.com
- Priority to those booking the entire course
- Catch up any missed parts in subsequent year(s)
- Course approval by Lactation Education Accreditation and Approval Review Committee (LEAARC) , meaning approved as suitable for IBLCE exam candidates and awarded CERPS for IBCLCs.
- Generous concessions for those who self-fund
- Further discounts for unwaged breastfeeding volunteers
- Monthly pay-as-you-go option
CERTIFICATES FOR PROFESSIONAL STUDY:
- See breastfeedingspecialist.com for details of the number of hours/CERPs generic clomid no prescription awarded for each day and homework that appear on certificates of attendance/completion.
- Those completing all 24 parts are awarded the 120 hour LEAARC Approved Breastfeeding Specialist Course diploma.
- Course scheduled so students complete the 90 hours required before IBCLE exam entry deadline.
- Study days combine lectures, games, videos, discussions, handouts, practical demonstrations, dramas, case studies and skills practice
- Clearly linking theory to everyday work with breastfeeding mothers and babies.
- There is variety and we have fun!
- Every study day and homework includes multiple choice questions to test recall and problem solving around that month’s topics, thus providing great practice for “The Exam.”
ENQUIRIES to DEBORAH: 01634 814275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOKING FORM: at www.breastfeedingspecialist.com