Membership of LCGB is open to International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (full membership), and any others interested in the care of the breastfeeding mother and her baby (associate membership). Associate members may not vote, but have all other rights of membership.
Associate Membership is appropriate for:
- Individuals studying to become IBCLCs
- Midwives, public health nurses & health visitors
- Practice nurses, paediatric nurses & neonatal nurses
- Paediatricians, obstetricians & GPs
- Health promotion specialists
- Parentcraft/antenatal educators
- Students of the above professions
- Educators and researchers
- Breastfeeding counsellors & peer supporters
Benefits of membership include:
- Education Bulletin
- Discounted rates for conferences and study events offered by LCGB and associated
- Opportunity to join group rate to Online Lactation Conferences
- Discounted rate to purchase books etc
- Information for aspiring IBCLCs
- Two annual scholarships for aspiring IBCLCs to attend LCGB Conference
- Access to the Members Area of the website
- Raise your profile through the ‘Find an IBCLC’ facility on the LCGB website with either
a basic or enhanced listing*
- Advertise your IBCLC services with a banner advertisement on the LCGB website*
- Discounted rate for Lactation Consultant indemnity insurance*
- Regular newsletter updating members
- Network with other IBCLCs both local and national
- Contribute towards an organisation that represents and promotes IBCLCs in the UK
- The opportunity to work with others in the UK’s professional breastfeeding
organisation, supporting breastfeeding families, IBCLCs and prospective IBCLCs
You can apply online if you wish to pay by PayPal:Apply Online Here to pay by PayPal
or by downloading the PDF version of the Membership Form if you wish to pay by Standing Order or cheque.Download the Membership Form to pay by Standing Order or Cheque Download the Standing Order Form
Membership runs 1st Jan to 31st Dec each year. New members who join after 1st October each year are given complimentary membership for the first 3 months, so their first ‘annual’ subscription will be for for fifteen months.
PLEASE NOTE: annual membership is £35 for standing orders and £41 for payment via cheque or paypal.
Paypal payments will automatically get a Paypal receipt and will get a membership card in the post in a few weeks. Other payments may take longer to generate a receipt as it has to be done by a human! Please remember that LCGB is run by volunteers.