Lactation Consultants of Great Britain (LCGB) is the professional association for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) in the UK, a professional voice for breastfeeding. LCGB is a CIO- association Charity. Charity number: 1187793.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it, no matter how you interact with us. That’s whether you want to work, volunteer or advocate for us, donate, or use our services, want information or want to learn more about what we do.
We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with our responsibilities. We are required to provide you with the information in this Privacy Notice under applicable law which includes:
- the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) referred to as the ‘data protection legislation’
- the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (2003)
We won’t do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
This notice, together with our website terms and conditions and our cookies policy tells you about how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
- If you have any questions about this policy, we will be happy to talk to you. Contact email@example.com
What data do we collect?
LCGB collects the following data:
- When you directly give us information for example:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc)
- Images uploaded to our website by you
- Support our charity through a donation
- When you fundraise on our behalf
- When you register for an event
- Submit an enquiry
- Become a member
- When you give us feedback
- If you make a complaint
- If you apply to volunteer with us
- Make a comment or a review
- When you indirectly give us information
- When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn we may also obtain some personal information about you. The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on each platform and the privacy policies of each platform. To change your settings on these platforms, please refer to their privacy notices.
- We may obtain information about your visit to our site, for example the pages you visit and how you navigate the site, by using cookies. Please visit our cookies policy for information on this.
When you engage with us by phone, mail, in person or online, we may collect information about you. This may include your name, address, email address, IP address, user agent string, telephone number, date of birth, place of work and details of your education and career, why you are interested in LCGB, and other information relating to you personally which you may choose to provide to us.
Data protection law recognises that certain types of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as ‘sensitive’ or ‘special category’ personal information and covers information revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs and political opinions, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, information concerning health or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Sensitive information will only be collected where necessary. Clear notices will be provided at the time we collect this information, stating what information is needed, and why.
How and why we use your information
LCGB will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Becoming a member of LCGB – we process your data giving you access to the members only content of the website and to contact you, if agreed, with membership benefits. We may also contact you for required email updates with the data you provide us with.
- Fundraising or direct updates for members only – we will only send you this type of communication if you have given us specific consent to do so. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out
- Paper registration forms for all LCGB applications (membership, events etc) – these will be processed in to electronic data held on our systems and the paper forms securely destroyed.
- Responding to a request- if you contact us with a query, we may use your personal information to provide you with a response.
- Monitoring and evaluating – we may use your information in order to improve current and future delivery of our services.
- Transactional purposes – We will need to use your personal information in order to carry out our obligations arising from the processing of payments and donation, this also includes us checking your eligibility to donate being within our compliance to the World Heath Organisation Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
- Providing and developing our website – we may us your personal information to help us understand your usage of our website to help with accessibility and improve and develop it faster.
- Administration- we may use your information to record and deal with a complaint, record a request to not receive further marketing communications, recording what volunteers of LCGB have done for us and other essential internal recording keeping purposes.
- Market Research and surveys – LCGB may from time to time invite you to participate in surveys or market research to help us improve our website, fundraising, services and strategic development. As always participation is voluntary and no one is identified in the statistics gained from the survey unless you consent to us publishing your feedback.
- Legal, regulatory and tax compliance – Where required we are subject to a legal obligation, we may process your personal information to fulfil that request.
- Profiling and analysis – we may use your personal information to conduct profiling of our supporters or potential supporters. This will help us to target in a more focused, effect and cost effective way, this helps us to prevent inappropriate or irrelevant communications. You can object to use of your personal information for profiling at any time by contacting us at the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Profiling analysis can be broken down in to categories
- Data matching – We may pair your information with data from external sources to tailor communications to better meet your needs or the need of others like you. We won’t use this information to intrude on you and your privacy or privacy preferences.
- Segmenting- Our membership may be analysed based on group, postcode particular area. This is to ensure some of our communications are sent to those who most likely will respond and find it useful. This type of activity is not aimed at identifying specific individuals to target bur rather many individuals who may fall within a certain segment of supporters.
- Ethical screening and minimising risk as a registered charity, we follow a number of legal and regulatory obligations and standards. Or integrity as a charity is reliant on being ethical and acting in an ethical manner. We carry out appropriate due diligence of donors, we check donations and implement financial controls to help protect us as a charity from abuse, fraud and/or money laundering. We may carry out background and extensive checks on potential donors or anyone planning on making a significant donation or gift before we can accept it. We also ethically screen supporters to minimise risk of creating an association with an individual or group that conflicts the standards we have as an organisation and the World Health Organisation Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
- Profiling analysis can be broken down in to categories
Who do we share your information with?
- We will not share your data with anyone outside LCGB, we will not under any circumstances, sell, or share your personal information with any third party for their own purposes.
- We will only add you to our mailing list if you have given your consent for us to do so.
- We will use the details we collect to keep you informed about our news, events and sponsorship opportunities.
- Third party suppliers – we may need to share your information with data hosting providers or service providers to help us deliver our services, projects or fundraising. These providers will only act under our instruction.
- Where legally required we will comply with request where disclosure is required by law.
- We will keep your contact details on our mailing list until you unsubscribe.
- Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features as far as possible, to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will dispose carefully of any paper copies of information no longer required.
- If you cancel LCGB membership with us, we will remove your details from our systems.
- If you do not renew LCGB membership with us, we will remove your details from our systems one month after your membership lapses.
- For users that register on our website LCGB-OWL.org, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
To maintain a high level of security:
- We will regularly undertake reviews of who has access to information we hold to assure that your information is only accessible to those volunteering within LCGB who need access.
- We will log out when task finished.
- We will make sure confidential information is stored in password protected files or a locked container.
- We will keep computer passwords private.
- We will not allow anyone another member’s password.
- We will use memory sticks and external hard drives with care.
- We will dispose carefully of any paper copies of information which are no longer required.
Please be aware that there are always risks in sending information by public networks or using public computers and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data (including personal information) disclosed or transmitted over public networks.
How long we will keep your information?
We will keep your personal information in respect of financial transactions for as long as the law requires use to for tax and accounting purposes (which can be up to six years after a particular transaction)
A request to no longer contact you for marketing will result in your details being kept in a suppression file to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted.
Other personal information will be retained no longer than for the purposes for which it was collected, taking in to account guidance issued by the Information Commissioners Office.
Third party software tools
Third party services collect certain technical information from your device including standard internet log information i.e. Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, and page interaction information.
We use LearnDash and Woo Commerce on our site LCGB-Owl.org. Here are their privacy policies
Privacy policies of other websites
Courses on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your rights to your personal information
Data protection legislation gives you the right to request access to personal information about you which is processed by the Lactation Consultants of Great Britain and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
You also have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes
If you wish to exercise these rights, please email email@example.com Please provide as much information that is relevant to the nature of your contact with us as possible, as this will help us to locate your records.
You have a right to withdraw your consent to be on our mailing list at any time by completing the Unsubscribe-from-mailing-list form, clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on the bottom of Mail Chimp emails or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to unsubscribe from the LCGB mailing list or send the following details to: email@example.com, and use ‘Unsubscribe’ in the Subject line.
Your email address:
How to make a complaint or raise a concern
If you would like more information, or have any questions about this policy, to make a formal complaint about our approach to data protection or raise privacy concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use third-party cookies to track how you use our website, for example, what pages you visit and how long you spend on them. This helps us get a better understanding of how people are using our site and how they access it, which helps us create better campaigns.
make our site work
collect anonymous data on how users navigate our site, which helps us to improve it
allow you to share our content on social networks
to keep you signed in
collect any personally identifiable information
pass personal identifiable data to third parties.
These cookies allow us to count visits and visitors to our website, as well as what people do when they’re on our websites (e.g. play a video, download a document). This allows us to measure and improve the performance of the website.
collect information about how visitors use the website, to inform decisions around website design
collect information about how visitors arrived at our website, so we can invest cost-effectively in marketing activities
allow us to test different versions of our website, to see which designs work better for our website users (e.g. changing the words on a button to make more people click on it)
Third party cookies
We use some third party services or software on our website. If you go to a page on our website that contains this embedded content you may be sent cookies from these websites, for example YouTube videos, Google maps, Facebook and Twitter. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third party website for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies unless you change your browser settings. If you wish to restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by any websites, you can generally do this through your browser settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser.
Please note however that if you set your internet browser preferences to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Unless you have adjusted your internet browser settings to block cookies, our site will set cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
- About our Terms
This website is provided and operated by the Lactation Consultants of Great Britain (LCGB) is the professional association for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) in the UK, a professional voice for breastfeeding. LCGB is a CIO- association Charity in the UK. Charity number: 1187793.
These terms and conditions (the 'Terms') explain how you may use this website (www.lcgb.org, the 'Site') which is provided to you free of charge.
You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us at email@example.com
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time.
- Using the Site
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
The Site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, the documents referred to in them or any applicable law.
- Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
This Site and all intellectual property rights in it, including but not limited to any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, or other information or material on the Site ('Content'), are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual property rights means rights such as copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world).
We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
The following intellectual property rights restrictions apply to your use of this Site:
- Commercial use or publication of any or all of the Content is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from us. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence to use any item displayed, other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) of our Site for your personal private use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to Content posted. However, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Content you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Rules about linking to our Site
- You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site on any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Site services
- We reserve the right to vary any event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods and services are subject to availability. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
- Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
- While we try to make sure that the Site is available, accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we do not warrant that provision of the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
The Site is provided "as is". We do not promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. The Site and the Content are provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our activities, news, services and other websites that may be of interest. The Content does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and neither the Site nor the Content should be relied upon for any purposes.
We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
We recommend that you take appropriate safeguards to protect against viruses before downloading any Content.
- Hyperlinks and references to other websites
- The Site may contain links or references to websites operated by other organisations. Any such links or references are provided for your convenience only. We do not control such websites, and are not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of links or references to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered.
Your use of a third party website may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- Security of the Site
- Although the Site uses encryption security software in areas where online payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed.
- Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude at law (such as death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any:
- a) losses that: (i) were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; or (ii) that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- b) business losses; or
- c) losses to non-consumers.
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we are not legally responsible for any losses or damage incurred or sustained by viruses transmitted via the Site and the Content, or incurred or sustained when transmitting information by email or otherwise over the internet.
- Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms, or loss or damage which may be suffered by you or any third party due to any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- give you certain information about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
These Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law.
You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you have any queries regarding these Terms, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this page
LCGB keeps this page under regular review and places and updates on this web page. This was last updated on 5th October 2020