Find out about LCGB membership
LCGB’s Core Values are -
1. Every mother and baby, every family, has the right to evidence based breastfeeding information and support appropriate to their needs.
2. LCGB members advocate for this right to evidence based information & support
3. LCGB will advocate for the role breastfeeding plays in reducing inequalities and health disparities.
4. LCGB will support IBCLCs to maintain excellence in standards of professional practice.
To ensure we fulfil these, we need to ensure LCGB’s membership truly represents the richness and diversity of our nation, and that all those who aspire to achieve the highest skills to support families with lactation and feeding their babies feel they have a place within LCGB.
We are therefore offering a number of Free Memberships of LCGB. These will be awarded on the basis of the information you provide on the application form below. LCGB are particularly interested in hearing from those who may be –
● Working in areas with high levels of deprivation and/or health inequalities
● Those who have a low disposable family income
● Single parents
● BAME applicants
● Those who face personal barriers including disability or health issues
● Those living in areas of the country with few IBCLCs, or access to specialist breastfeeding support
● LGBTQ+ applicants
● Those who speak a language of a minority group in the UK, or BSL
The above is not an exhaustive list. Please include in your application any further barriers affecting your ability to progress as an IBCLC.
The entry period for this LCGB offering has ended for this year. Applications will open again during 2021.