The Sally Brooks Grant 2022
LCGB is pleased to be introducing the Sally Brooks Grant to support those who are ready to take the IBLCE exam, but due to financial pressures may be unable to do so.
The 2022 cycle of this grant is a pilot project, It is currently available to LCGB members. This grant process may evolve after evaluation.
Two successful candidates will have their IBLCE examination fees paid. This grant is currently available to those who are planning to take the examination in September 2022, April 2023, or September 2023.
September 2022, applicants must have completed all the IBLCE eligibility requirements before entry.
April 2023 and September 2023, applicants must have completed all requirements or nearly all eligibility requirements.
Candidates will be asked to provide evidence of meeting the eligibility requirements.
LCGB intend to informally mentor successful candidates working within the UK. Applicants must intend to provide lactation services in the United Kingdom once the IBCLC certification is obtained.
LCGB is particularly interested to hear from individuals planning to use the IBCLC certification to support families through their workplace, ie: working/volunteer within an NHS trust, working/volunteer for a charity, working/volunteer for not-for-profit sectors. However, this is not an exhaustive list
And also those from:
- Areas with high levels of deprivation and/or health inequalities
- Low disposable family income
- Single parents
- Minority ethnic group communities
- Personal barriers, including disability or health issues
- Living in geographical areas with no or little access to an IBCLC or specialist breastfeeding support
- LGBTQIA+ communities
- Speak a minority language, or British Sign Language (BSL)
All information collected will be used by the Sally Brooks grant Committee to evaluate applications and contact grant recipients. As this is the pilot project, LCGB intends to contact the candidates who are unsuccessful in the future for related offerings.
Applications accepted 11th February 2022 – 11th March 2022
This Grant will involve two phases of selection;
- Phase 1, submit the application form.
- Phase 2, Informal interview of shortlisted candidates.