The Sally Brooks Grant 2024
LCGB is pleased to offer the Sally Brooks Grant 2024 cycle to support those who are ready to take the IBLCE exam, but due to financial pressures may be unable to do so.
Two successful candidates will have their IBLCE examination fees paid. This grant is currently available to those who are planning to take the examination in September 2024, April 2025, or September 2025.
September 2024, applicants must have completed all the IBLCE eligibility requirements before entry.
April 2025 and September 2025, applicants must have completed all requirements or nearly all eligibility requirements.
Candidates will be asked to confirm that to the best of their knowledge, they have met the eligibility requirements.
LCGB intend to informally mentor successful candidates working within the UK. Applicants must intend to provide lactation services in the United Kingdom once the IBCLC certification is obtained.
LCGB is particularly interested to hear from individuals planning to use the IBCLC certification to support families through their workplace, ie: working/volunteer within an NHS trust, working/volunteer for a charity, working/volunteer for not-for-profit sectors. However, this is not an exhaustive list
And also those from:
- Areas with high levels of deprivation and/or health inequalities
- Low disposable family income
- Single parents
- Minority ethnic group communities
- Personal barriers, including disability or health issues
- Living in geographical areas with no or little access to an IBCLC or specialist breastfeeding support
- LGBTQIA+ communities
- Speak a minority language, or British Sign Language (BSL)
All information collected will be used by the Sally Brooks grant Committee to evaluate applications and contact grant recipients. LCGB intends to contact the candidates who are unsuccessful in the future for related offerings.
Applications accepted 12th January to 12th February 2024
This Grant will involve two phases of selection;
- Phase 1, submit the application form.
- Phase 2, Informal interview of shortlisted candidates.